Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kids in a wedding.

So my camera never made it back to me but the wonderful Heather's pictures did. And they are great so I thought I would share the story of Karlie's wedding with you through the process of the kids. Since after all they do add the flavor and entertainment. First off Karlie got mairried at 1:30 (we're Catholic) so we didn't get to pick the time and trust me this time of day is not a great time for the kids this is when naptime is supposed to start. So it was definitly an adventure. The kids arrived at the church, the hubs delivered them since I was already at the church and we were able to get some action shots probably because they were half out of it already. Starting with Trip getting his bouteneer. This is one of my favorite picture (all time) of Trip he just looks so innocent.
On top of chasing kids I also had to help Karlie get ready. Caroline is obsessed with wedding (too much listening to mommy on the phone with Grandma and Aunt Karlie I imagine.) so being up close to a dress was a little awe inspiring. She was a little overwhelmed, notice the thumb.
Then we headed down the aisle. At this point I knew this wasn't going to go well but Caroline keep saying that she wanted to walk down the aisle and the church coordinator refused to go get Kevin. When we were next in line the kids wouldn't let go. They wouldn't stay behind so I did what I had to I grab those kids and all 3 of us went together. Here Trip has spotted his people.
Caroline is half asleep until...
She realizes she;s the center of attention and starts crying "I'm tired! I just want to take a nap!"
She was handed off but still upset. I wonder why...
Probably because we had to leave Belle behind. Germy Kermy matched the colors (yep that's right germy came down the aisle with us) but I only had two hands and belle didn't make the cut. Caroline then promptly fell asleep in the pew and slept through the service.
Two Thirds of the way through the service Trip got a case of the giggles and had to leave.
Caroline got her hug from the bride afterwards.
And Trip decided he had, had enough and refused to take anymore pictures but also liked the alter as a place to hang out.
coming up next the reception (what I can remember of it) from my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment