Monday, January 16, 2012

Yummy but a little dry

On of the projects on my to do list that I've been trying to get to (for 2 years now) that I am finally tackling was felt food for the kids. The thing that gave the the kick I needed was Pottery Barn Kids (or PBK as we call it in our house) came out with some and when Caroline saw it she was all about it. But I was not about to spend $20 on a set of cupcakes. So with Caroline as my personal cheerleader every night after we put Trip down she and I sit down in the kitchen and while she draws I sew. Also my kindle broke this week so now I have idle hands so maybe I'll really plow through my to do list. Without further adieu, here are some of our creations... These chocolates were the first that I did and Caroline loves them. They are tiny less than a quarter in diameter, but she says they are her dolls favorite.
These donuts crack me up. They are about the size of a quarter in diameter. And just look so yummy.
I've made a few of the torts. I'm starting to get the hang of them.
I've become an old pro at these cakes. Unlike the other pieces these are life size. Or as Caroline points out the perfect size for her.
My first cupcake. Hopefully my next will be better.
This one looks the most yummy to me.
Another cake.
This is probably the easiest of the cakes. But looks nice too. Next time I'll probably make it with more fun colors.
So we are in full tea party mode at our house. It always reminds me of the scene in Toy Story 1 when Buzz joins the tea party. Off to set the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment