Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy valentines Day!

Hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day. No pictures today, just words about how we spent the day. So Kevin actually brought me candy and flowers on Sunday. He had been home sick all last week so he know that this week he would have precious few minutes so way better to be early than late. Personally I've never been big on Valentines Day for a number of reasons. If you really want to know why let me know and I'll share my rant. Since we've been married it's even less of a big deal for us. When your anniversary is 2 weeks before it just seems a little more redundant. So yesterday morning we woke the kids up and brought them downstairs so see their haul and I had to beg them to ge ready for school and only the promise of more toy, candy and a class party were able to pull them away. I actually was in charge of hosting Trip's party and I'm glad for the treat bags I opted out of candy because plenty was sent home anyway. Let me tell you twelve 2 year old will wear you out and I was only there for 2 hours. How preschool teachers do it everyday was beyond me. Plus I"ll probably have the added bonus of picking up some new germs. The kids had a blast. Then last night Kevin and I went out to the Capital Grille which is always delicious. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my like it would be their lobster Mac n' Cheese. It's ridiculousness. Kevin had tons of work to do when we got home and I was worn out for my day at preschool so I generously finished both my and his glass of wine and then announced that i was taking a "personal morning" in which I would do nothing all Wednesday morning while the kids were at school. And guess what, that's exactly what I did. Let me tell you there is nothing more decadent than taking a long bath and 9:30am. The house is a wreck and I'll probably pay tenfold for not doing a little bit around the house but it's my opinion everyone should take a personal day once and a while and it's not often that I get an empty house and time to myself. Anyone else out there take personal day?

No comments:

Post a Comment