Monday, February 13, 2012

Her Royal Highness's Valentines attire

As we fall into more of a routine here at Casa de la Stacey, I've had more time to be a little crafty. One of my recent projects was Valentines Day T-Shirts for the kids and today I'll share with you Caroline's shirt. Basically Here I'm knocking of a Janie and Jack T-shirt and one I made up in my head but couldn't find anywhere (don't you love imaginary clothes). I find holiday clothes to be a little difficult all around. Caroline LOVES to dress up for every holiday under the sun, she is always dressed in theme which for something like Christmas is not to hard but the lesser holidays sometimes leave a little to be desired on the clothing front (I'm sorry but a 3 year old shouldn't be wearing a "dontcha love me t-shirt). So to meet the needs of my style concitous 3 year old and well me I pulled out my supply box. First up a t-shirt from Walmart. I love Garanimals t-shirts. They hold up and most importantly they are cheap but the plain ones always sell out right away. I was lucky to find this one. I wanted a long sleeve but they were sold out (go figure), so short sleeve it is. I may have to make a matching sweater but after how this winter has been it will probably be 90 on Valentine's Day. But I digress, here's the shirt.
Then I made the heart. I wish I had thought to take pictures of this process cause it wass a little more in depth but at the time I was just operating on a wish and a whole lot of prayer. I took double sided fusible backing. Then I ironed the sheerest, lightest, thinest piece of pink fabric I could find to one side and drew a heart. I then got out the fabric glue and a string of sequins and glued around the heart. Then I strung a string of little beads and glued them down as a border (I will admit I used a dab of hot glue here just in case). And cut out. (Remember this just has to make it through one day. After that anything else is bonus). And Ta-Da!!
Then I ironed it to the t-shirt and this is what I got!
Caroline loves it. I feel like it was pretty successful on the first try. And she's got a shirt that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Plus it matches her new pink skirt and sunglasses perfectly. Now we just have to find some heart tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment