Monday, February 13, 2012

Pink Swap

This year i participated in the Pink Swap and I have to say my first time out was not only fun but exciting. As we get older I rarely get a gift that I a) didn't ask for or b) get surprised for anything other than Christmas, Birthday and the Anniversary. With an anniversary so close to Valentines Day we usually just end up combining the two. Which, for the record, is fine with me; I've never been much for Valentines Day. My Swap partner this year was Kelly and I could tell from the start we were on the same wave length. She's a crafter who loves J Crew, Monograms and Pink. Hello, did I just describe myself? Well my box arrived the other day and I could tell from the outside it was going to be good.
Here's the inside shot once I opened it. She too is afflicted with the tape the heck out of the box ailment. She wrote me a wonderful note.
I removed the pink tissue paper and Ta-Da! Look at all these packages. I haven't had so much to unwrap in years.
Here is everything unwrapped. At which point the kids started asking "Why did you get presents mommy?". And I replied "Because I rock, that's why". I'm trying to plant these seeds of wisdom early hopefully, they'll take.
I had to giggle because there were a couple of items that are on their way to Kelly's house. Great minds think alike. Here are some up close shots of some of my favorite things. Monogram Make up pouch. I've actually been on the lookout for one of these.
A jewelry roll. I love this. Kevin always complains when we travel and I spend half the time getting ready just trying to untangle my jewelry.
Monogram Tervis tumbler. Now there's confusion if this is my cup. Plus I'm a huge fan of Tervis.
Key Fob. It's too cute.
Tomorrow I'll share what I sent Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment